Parents and Coaches,
Beginning Friday, May 15th, Governor Edwards has proclaimed that Louisiana has officially entered Phase 1 of the CDC’s ‘Opening Up America’ 3-Phase plan. Phase 1 specifically allows youth sports to resume as stated in the latest executive order issued by the Governor’s office (https://gov.louisiana.gov/assets/Proclamations/2020/59-JBE-2020.pdf). OpenSafely (https://opensafely.la.gov/), a State-run reopening plan issued in collaboration by the Office of the Governor, the Louisiana Department of Health, and the Office of the State Fire Marshal provides detailed guidelines regarding outdoor, non-contact, youth sports. These documents, along with local, state and national reopening plans from youth sports organizations and venues were compiled and used to create our own plan of action.
We want you to know that our decision to reopen for practice was not taken lightly and was made after much consideration. We have revised our practice schedule to include soccer fields and promote social distancing by spacing teams throughout the facility. The health and safety of our citizens is our foremost priority, and we have gone above the required guidelines to ensure your safety.
Precautions taken during Phase 1 at YSC that are outlined in the document include:
- Practicing social distancing between all players, coaches, and spectators
- Revised practice schedule utilizing baseball, softball, and soccer fields to maximize spacing between teams and promote social distancing
- Staggered start times to limit crowds at entrances and in parking lots
- Buffer times between practices to limit interaction while entering/exiting
- Designated entrance and exit lanes to the facility
- Designated parking lots for specific fields to limit crowds at entrances
- Closed bleachers, closed dugouts, closed water fountains, closed observation deck
- No team water coolers provided in dugouts
- Encouraging one parent per player at practice
- Encouraging parents to bring their own chair and players to bring their own water
- More guidelines listed below
This season will look a little different than seasons past. However, we are confident that with your help and cooperation, we can ensure the health and safety of our families while getting back to the game we love. We look forward to seeing everyone back at the park!
Please see the entrances & exits below and which areas are opened and closed to the public at this time: